This session was the second in a ten-part series throughout 2022 hosted by Chris Tredwell. This series addresses the biggest challenges highlighted within GrowCFO’s 2021 Finance Systems survey.
Coming up in the months ahead…
- Is now the right time to change? (8/3/2022)
- Why Strong Foundations are key to your departments’ success (5/4/2022)
- What is True Cloud Accounting? (10/5/2022)
- Ensure you are able to scale alongside your growth ambitions (14/6/2022)
- Automation in Finance (12/7/2022)
- The value of Integration (9/8/2022)
- What should I expect from Reporting (13/9/2022)
- Improve your Month-end close (11/10/2022)
- Get it right – Do’s and Don’ts / Procurement Checklist (8/11/2022)
- How to review the software market (13/12/2022)
Chris is GrowCFO’s technology specialist and host of the Future of Finance topic within the community. He has over a decade of experience working for innovative technology suppliers, spending the last 3 at the mid-market, cloud accounting software specialist Aqilla. He helps finance teams modernise their department using innovative, built for cloud software focused on reducing administration through automation whilst enhancing your financial analysis.
During this session, we looked at how to review your foundations (across processes, people & technology) to identify if they are robust for today as well as tomorrow. How things could affect the strength of your foundations and the subsequent importance of continuously reviewing. We also took a high-level view of some of the things we think will change in the future and why you should ensure your current foundations can adapt to that new world.
Chris was kind enough to share his session slides that include some useful information to support this topic and the recording of the session:
Other resources referenced during this session include:
- ‘Reviewing Processes’ with Kevin Appleby [Click Here]
- ‘How to conduct a 2020/2021 Team Review’ with Andrew Waters [Click Here]
- ‘How to Build a Team Structure’ with Andrew Waters [Click Here]
- ‘Recruitment 101’s’ with Andrew Waters [Click Here]
- ‘Talent Management with Andrew Waters [Click Here]
- ‘Innovations in Modern Accounting Software’ with Chris Tredwell [Click Here]
- ‘Future Technology Trends’ with Chris Tredwell [Click Here]
Find out more
If you have any further questions or wish to speak with me in person, I am more than happy to connect on LinkedIn (Found Here) or you can send me a direct message through the GrowCFO portal or via email [firstname.lastname@example.org].